Yes! - Single can report sales to Nielsen SoundScan.
Digital & Physical sales are reported automatically at 11am EST for the prior day and subject to certain criteria by Billboard & Nielsen.
Brief overview of inclusion rules:
- Albums priced below $3.49 during their first four weeks of release are excluded
- Albums & EPs with 8 or less tracks are not eligible if the total price is less than the sum of the tracks, multiplied by $0.39
- Physical Releases are reported upon fulfillment - not on date of purchase
- Digital Tracks priced below $0.39 during their first three months of release are not eligible
- Physical Releases shipped between Tuesday and the following Monday will be counted in the new chart week. This represents the Friday-Thursday sales week, but makes an allowance for shipping time/receipt by customers. Week 1 sales would be Tuesday 7th - Monday 13th in the example above.